Courgettes and spinach are two of my favourite vegetables; they’re both quick to make and yummy to eat. When i’m at uni, I can become really lazy and like many (I hope) I go through phases where I find cooking just too much of a task and want my own personal chef – which usually turns into scrolling through ‘hungry house’ menu relentlessly until I find something bad for me!!
Courgetti can be made in 20 minutes, so now we have no excuse to be lazy! It’s a really quick way to fill yourself up. The following recipe feeds usually just one person, so if you were cooking for several I would double the ingredients. If you want to save money on the courgettes maybe just buy 3 large rather than 6 medium size! Up to you.
I hope you enjoy…
- 3 medium courgettes (grated)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar (normal sugar works too)
- 50ml water
Lets get started:
- Heat up the olive oil in a relatively large pan (a wok if you have one)
- Add the choppped onions to the pan and sauté until soft. Sprinkle the caster sugar over the onions and gently mix.
- When the onions are soft, add the spinach to the onions and cook until wilted.
- Once wilted, add the three grated courgettes and fold to ensure the onions and spinach are evenly mixed throughout.
- Add 50ml of water to the pan and continue to fold (this will help the courgette cook faster)
- After the courgettes have softened, carefully drain any excess water out of the pan.
- Put the pan back on the heat and add half a pot of pesto (or as much as you want) – again, fold well so the pesto is separated evenly. Leave to heat for 3 minutes.
There you have it! Easy PEASY!
Let me know how you like the recipe in the comments below!
The Food Deity x