So with my very first official blog post I am starting with one of my favourite dishes; spinach and sweet potato tortilla. Thank you BBC Good Food for introducing this dish to me.
What You’ll Need:
- 300g bag baby spinach leaves
- 8 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 large red onions (can be white i just prefer red)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 7 large eggs
How to do it:
- boil the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes
- (Whilst the potato softens) put the olive oil in a pan, heat and then add the red onions and finely chopped garlic.
- After 5 minutes of softening, add the potatoes to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes
- (whilst waiting for those 5 minutes) whisk 7 large eggs.
- Once the 5 minutes is up and the eggs are whisked thoroughly, add to the frying pan and leave until the bottom is browning – keep checking on this (usually takes 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the stove is)
- you may need a friend for this next bit, to flip the tortilla.. Or just slide it on a plate and then flip it over into the frying pan
- leave to cook for a further 10 minutes, checking if the inside is cooked by cutting slightly to check.
- Aaaaand serve!
This his is a really nice recipe and also is gorgeous cold the next day (if kept refrigerated), accompany with a generous salad! Enjoy guys!
The Food Deity x