I have recently finished my second year of uni and it feels gooooooood. To finish off the stressful semester, I have just returned from a fab weekend in London. Which was just amazing.
I don’t know if you have heard of it but I had the pleasure of staying in the ME Hotel, which was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.. Ever! (We didn’t want to leave, that kind of nice). We also watched the show ‘Matilda’, got scared shitless in the dungeons AND visited the shard to take a look at the breath taking views.. 72 floors up.. *gulp*
The weekend started off with 3 bottles of prosecco on the train, so you can imagine what the rest of the weekend was like. Messy, to say the least. But on top of the alcohol, we had free breakfast, and we all know what happens when we get free food. Free food turns into a free feast. Well, for me it does. So 2 full English breakfasts, pancakes and syrup, croissants, muffins (6 to be exact) and tuns of sugary fruits juices down, I have arrived home feeling a little more rounder than I did before.
So for my first meal back I decided to make my homemade tomato, spinach, rocket and egg tortilla pizza!
This recipe will take you around 10 minutes, not long at all and it’s the perfect quick fix when you’re in a rush.
So let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tortillas (seeded is preferable)
- Olive oil for brushing the tortilla
- red peppers
- 2 big tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Chopped basil
- 2 eggs
- rocket (as much as you prefer)
- cheese (optional)
what to do:
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lay the tortillas on two baking sheets, brush sparingly with the oil then bake for 3 mins.
- Meanwhile chop the pepper and tomatoes and mix with the tomato purée, seasoning and herbs. Turn the tortillas over and spread with the tomato mixture, leaving the centre free from any large pieces of pepper or tomato.
- Once this is done, break an egg into the centre then return to the oven for 10 mins or until the egg is just set and the tortilla is crispy round the edges.
- Depending on whether you prefer oven baked rocket, red onion and spinach… scattered before or after baked.
and you are done! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know your thoughts below!
The Food Deity x